Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Ignatian Prayer Adventure

An Ignatian Prayer Adventure
Even though I'm an Episcopalian, I often use Catholic online resources to help me deepen my spirituality and keep me in touch with a worshiping community when I'm far from my own church. I find Ignatian spirituality especially rich. How the Jesuits view God resonates with my own simple faith. This Lenten season I'm using the Ignation prayer adventure as an online retreat for my daily discipline. Using the Examen prayer as taught by St.Ignatius of Loyola, it will help me recognize God's gifts and His presence in my life and help me discern His purpose. My goal is to become what Ignatius calls 'spiritually free.' Free of any worldly attachments that keep me separated from my Creator.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin