Sunday, August 2, 2009

A "Sign"

In yesterday's post I explored my need to see visual proof to bolster my faith. I'm not alone...the Disciples, the adoring crowds, Jesus' accusers...all asked repeatedly for signs of his divinity. I went to bed Friday evening with 'signs' on my mind. Early Saturday morning as I was rattling around in the kitchen gathering the essentials for that first cup of coffee, I glanced in the sink. Imagine my surprise when I saw a tiny green tree frog looking quite perplexed as he hunkered down on the cool porcelin. At first I was startled, then I began to chuckle to myself. God has quite a sense of humor. I could just see Him up there smiling..."You think you need a sign, huh? Well, here's a sign that even you can't miss, Evelyn!"

I borrowed this image from Google. I scooped my 'sign' up and had him safely returned to the marigold bed outside before I even thought about snapping his picture!

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin