Monday, November 22, 2010

With God on Our Side


I've blogged over at MelangedMagic about one of the unexpected pleasures of staying here at the Chatette...discovering new music in Laury's CD collection. The Neville Brothers have become my new favorites. This YouTube photo-montage to Aaron Neville's cover of the Bob Dylan song, "With God on Our Side," brought tears to my eyes. I think its anti-war message is powerful, as are the images, so be forewarned...a few of them are quite graphic.

My God is on the side of peace. Hear what the psalmist says in Psalm 46: 9 & 10:
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.

10 ‘Be still, and know that I am God!
I am exalted among the nations,
I am exalted in the earth.’

Be sure to turn off the Dona Nobis Pacem music before playing the video!

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin