Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Art and Music

I've been away from St. Timothy's and my faith community for both of the holiest celebrations of the church year...Christmas and Easter. Being on my own, though, has made me dig even deeper to find ways to connect with my faith. I've used online resources to keep me in touch spiritually....retreats, devotionals, study groups. Yesterday I shared praying the Stations of the Cross with Mary. Today, I prayed the Stations with another web-based Jesuit community called Pray As You Go. Each of the  10 Stations are illustrated with a piece of Renaissance art and beautiful sacred music along with a Jesuit contemplation and prayer. It's interesting to me that I was touched differently by these two different websites. Each, though, was deeply meaningful. This Station called "The Good Thief" was my favorite on this site.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin