Sunday, March 28, 2010

Journey from Dark to Light


I dreamed last night that I was in this covered bridge. As I turned around to look back where I entered, the spring flowers and grass were wet with a lightly  falling rain. It was muddy, but beautiful. The grass glistened with raindrops and the flowers eagerly soaked up the moisture. I turned and looked at the dim tunnel interior. At the far end, the day was light and bright, the grass was green and growing. I stood, wondering how to get from here to there. Holy Week is here. Today is Palm Sunday. Waving the branches and singing "Hosannas!" we enter. If we sneak a look back, we can see the clouds gathering and the rain beginning. With Christ, we must walk through the darkened hours of the tunnel...Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday. We will deny, we will fear, we will shed tears of sorrow and pain, we will watch the Light extinguish. At the end of the tunnel, though, there is the Light of glorious celebration...the Resurrection. To get from here to there....we walk through the darkness.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin