Friday, March 12, 2010

Looking for the Way

Have you ever been here before? No, I don't mean looking up at the causse along the Lot River in southwest France; I mean at that point in your life when you face something that seems almost insurmountable? When Way appears blocked or so difficult that even starting on the path takes more energy than you think you have. You need to continue your journey; where do you go from here? I feel as if I'm at this place. I'm seeking the open door, the Way I'm supposed to go. I've read Parker Palmer's book, "Let Your Life Speak" over and over. I get it... doors open, doors close. The Way forward appears or the Way behind closes and is no longer an option. Well, here I am and nothing! I know some doors that have closed, but I'll be darned if I can find a door that is opening! I've read, I've talked with people, I've explored options, I've thought and thought until I feel about brain dead. I've prayed and sat listening in Centering Prayer, I've looked for clues in Scripture, I've inventoried my gifts, talents, and abilities and objectively identified my limits. Today I have an appointment with a woman who does pastoral counseling for clergy and also Spiritual Direction. Mary, my priest, suggested I speak with her about discerning my path and possibly exploring pilgrimage. I'm open to her ideas and thoughts. Hopefully, God will speak to me through her wisdom.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin