Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Fruits of God's Spirit

Gentleness...the fruit of God's Spirit

Soft, a whispering pressure, a long purring stroke.
A breeze, not a wind.
A murmur, not a roar.
God--powerful, strong, forceful,
But more often, gentle.
His signs are not flashing neon,
But the muted pastels of an Impressionist painting.
He brushes against my skin,
His fingers softly tracing the paths He created--
Veins, bones, tendons, muscles;
I feel His presence.
He nudges rather than pushes.
God's gentleness soothes and encourages.
Like a mother stroking her baby's bare bottom,
God's gentle touch comforts and makes me feel
Safe, loved, a cherished child.
And as God gently loves me,
 I will so love my neighbor.

Galatians 5: 22-23
     "...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy,peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..."

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin