Monday, September 20, 2010

Traveling

The next few days are going to be filled with last minute preparations for my trip and with the journey itself. My mind is abuzz with details, details. Already there have been some surprises and complications to contend with. Everyone says to me 'aren't you just so excited?' The answer is yes, of course, but that excitement is overlaid right now with the logistics of closing up my house and putting my business affairs in order for an extended length of time as well as the details of traveling with Lucie, renting cars, figuring out how to get from the airport in Paris to Laury's house. Throw in a France-wide strike on September 23rd and maybe you can understand why my excitement isn't bubbling to the surface right now. I predict that I won't truly feel it until I'm standing with Lucie in Laury's living room! Until my arrival in France, Dona Nobis Pacem will be on hold. Come back after September 24th for the 'rest of the story.'

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin