Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trust

There's a line in a prayer attributed to Mother Teresa that says:

  "May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be."

How easy that is to do and how hard! It's easy now; I'm in the midst of a great adventure, excited and full of anticipation for the future. How hard that was just six months ago as I sat here feeling stuck, forgotten and unheard by God. What happened between there and here? Lots of prayer, lots of perseverance, and lots of trust. I wasn't always successful in maintaining the tranquility of mind that I was exactly where God wanted me. I did my share of whining...both to God and to others. I admit I got tired of trusting. I wanted a sign, some action, something to let me know that God was working on my dreams or if not, then what His plan for me was. It all happened, but in God's time, not mine. Pray, persevere, and trust.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin