Friday, December 5, 2008

Benediction

"The Lord bless you and keep you;

The Lord make his face to shine

upon you, and be gracious to you;

The Lord lift up his countenance

upon you, and give you peace."

Numbers 6:24-26


This was in my last envelope from Bev. I love this benediction; I always feel so blessed by it. Who knew it was from Numbers? I looked it up, and it's something God told Moses to say to Aaron and his sons. Known as the Aaronic Blessing, it reassured the people of Israel that God was with them. The people would know that because the Lord God 'made His face to shine upon' them that they had found favor with Him. When God turned His face away from them, they knew they were in trouble, that He was no longer protecting them.
Those were the days, huh? God spoke directly to folks then, making his guidance and thoughts very, very clear. I wish sometimes He would speak this clearly to me!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that benediction too. It was always spoken over us in my church growing up.

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin