Saturday, December 13, 2008

Meeting God

I frequently connect to a website called ExploreFaith.org. One of its recent essays challenged readers to think about in what circumstances they would like to meet God. As I meditated on this question...

"I found myself in the high mountains sitting on a big rock by a dancing stream, its waters icy cold from fresh snowmelt. As it skips over rocks spraying me with sparkling droplets, I am washed clean.Wrapped in warm, comfortable clothes, my feet are bare. There is nothing to distract me from God's awesome presence. He approaches me, a Source of sublime energy, loving kindness and peace. His presence makes holy the sacred ground on which we both stand, and I feel this holy energy enter my body through my feet. It seeps into every cell of my being. He puts His arm around my shoulder; we walk through a high alpine meadow carpeted with sweet-smelling purple lupine. Gently leading me up a small rise, we stand at last overlooking the river delta below. Arm still around my shoulder, God raises His other arm and points...Evelyn, there is the path I want you to follow. See it there? Go forth in love and live my will for your life. Then...He is gone."

I do as He instructs.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin