Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Angels

Do you believe in angels? I do. I believe that sometimes angels come to me in the people I meet. Sometimes angels are present during experiences that I have. Often angels whisper God's words in my ear. There are times that I write something poignant or put together an elegant poem; when I go back to read it later, I'm amazed. Surely, it wasn't me who wrote that...it was God's angels who spoke those lovely words to me. Occasionally, an angel gives me a nudge in God's direction. There are times when that nudge is more like a kick in the backside. "Oh yeah...now I get it!" I'm sure the angels whom God sends into my life get a bit frustrated with me and my utter lack of understanding! Do they, like Clarence in "It's a Wonderful Life," plead to be taken off my case? Do they rejoice when I, like Jimmy Stewart who finally understands and shouts with joy over Zuzu's petals, finally get it? Hopefully, they get a 'job well done' from my Creator when that happens....they work awfully hard. Bells should be ringing all over God's Heaven!

My verse from my prayer partner today is from Joshua 1:9. "Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

What Bev adds is: "We move from state to state, from job to job, and church to church and God is always there. He guides and guards and brings us peace.' I believe He uses angels to help Him do that.

The lovely porcelain holy water font is from a collection that graces the living room wall of La Treille, the B & B in Goult where I stay. I'll share more of them another time.

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I believe in angels too. I think it's fairly documented in the Bible that God uses His angels to do certain work. I think some of the 'nudging' may be the work of the Holy Spirit though, rather than angels ... what are your thoughts on that?

Evelyn said...

I think they all work together! I need all the help I can get.

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin