Saturday, November 22, 2008

Doubt


My daily routine includes time each morning to journal and read a brief devotion. I especially like weekend mornings as I have the luxury of time to really dig into my thoughts. Today, however, my journal could have been written by my favorite disciple, Peter. I wrote three questions to myself and after each question...'doubtful!' While I didn't actually deny that God is able to help me accomplish anything, I wasn't as strong in my faith as I should have been. Then I moved on to the devotion from Mark 4:35-41. It's the story of Jesus and the disciples being caught in a boat in a huge storm. The disciples are fearful until Jesus commands the sea and wind to "be still." Then He scolds the group saying..."Why are you afraid? Have you no faith.?" Like Peter, when I'm afraid, I begin to doubt and deny. I forget that God works miracles every day. This morning God 'whispered' to me once again through my words and through the words of Scripture...don't doubt, have faith, there's no need to fear. I'm holding you.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin