Monday, November 24, 2008

An Everlasting Rock

I received an envelope in Friday's mail that contained 5 sealed smaller envelopes. I opened the envelope labeled #1 and found a Bible verse on a square of yellow paper accompanied by a slip of paper bearing a note from Bev, the woman who chairs the Prayer Group at church. Bev had offered to be my prayer partner as I move towards being received in the church on Dec. 7th. My first prayer was based on Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." My message from Bev: "The everlasting Rock is a firm foundation for your life. The wise woman builds her house upon the Rock...and I believe that you are a wise woman." As I meditated on those words, this photo came to mind. This house in Goult is built firmly on the bedrock of the mountain. See how strong it looks. It feels eternally supported by the rock it rests on. The house seamlessly becomes one with its foundation, its rock. This is what I want my faith to become....strong, firm, eternal, resting on my Rock, secure that I am doing His will in the world, feeling seamlessly at one with my Creator.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a great picture for that, Evelyn.

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin