Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Greet the Day!

I read someplace that it's good to greet each new day with a positive attitude. The Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh recommends that upon awakening, a person should smile, thus setting the tone for a pleasant day. I find it hard to smile when I'm barely awake, but I do try to remember to murmur...."This is a day that the LORD hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24 KJV) While I always believe that the LORD made the day, some days it's very hard to rejoice and be glad. I keep trying, though.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Elijah and I were just discussing this. I just read Amy Grant's book and she wakes every day, steps outside, and recites that verse. It's a good way to start the day.

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin