Thursday, April 9, 2009

God's Message

I've been struggling with making a decision about an opportunity that I've been offered. I'm so fearful of making the wrong move, of doing something that will cause me to fail and end up on welfare or even worse, a bag lady! My heart tells me to take the giant leap of faith that this decision demands and see what happens. My heart just sings when I think of the doors this decision might open. Then my mind gets involved and starts with all the 'what ifs' and negative talk. Does this make financial sense? What if you use up all your money and need something?Does this make your future more secure? In these economic times can you afford to risk a good job and security? It's been an endless tug-of-war. Today my daily Lenten email arrived bright and early in my inbox. It was the loaves and fishes story from Christ's ministry. Here's what it said:

"It hasn't ended yet, Jesus assured them. Just wait and see. Trust me.
Sometimes, you have to start your good thing, even if you don't have a specific plan. Sometimes you just have to do the good thing right now, even if you don't know how you're going to finish it, even if you don't have all the pieces yet. Even if you don't know what all the pieces are.

Ask, and the Lord will provide."

I think God is trying to tell me that this opportunity is the 'good thing' that I need to start, that I need to trust him and if I ask, he will provide. Not sure just how this will work...I 'don't know what all the pieces are.' But I do trust him and I will take this leap of faith.

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin