Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guest Commentary: The Golden Rule

I regularly read an online newspaper column written by an acquaintance, Rich Mayfield. I met Rich several years ago when he was pastoring Lord of the Mountains Lutheran church in Dillon, CO. This is where my good friend, Anne, attends church and when I'd visit her, we'd always make Sunday service part of our weekend. Rich is a vibrant speaker who has the knack of provoking some really deep thoughts with his well-delivered, profound sermons. He's retired now and writes a weekly column on 'this and that' for the Summit Daily, a newspaper based in Dillon. I share with you today's column on the Golden Rule. I especially like the end of it when he quotes one of my favorite writers, Anne Lamott. Sometimes other people just get it right...thought I'd share.

Read it here

As I researched this entry, I found that Rich has his own blog, Reconstructing Christianity. Try it out!

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin