Thursday, August 5, 2010

Go...

Outside the window the world waits. I've come to Christ. I've prayed and studied. I've worshipped and praised. The Eucharist has replenished my soul and any empty spots inside have been filled with God. Now it's time to live into the rest of the story. It's time to take God into the world, to live a Christ-centered life, to put my faith into action. During my Cursillo weekend, there were many talks that focused on action...what to do with faith. Some people I know do mission trips to Mexico or Africa. Others teach Sunday School, help with vacation Bible school, or are youth group sponsors. Some work in the church's outreach missions in domestic violence, the food pantry, or the faith garden. I've struggled with finding my action. What is the outreach that I am most suited for? What can I do in the world for Christ with a passion?  There are many opportunities, but no clear choice for me.

Yet, every time I worship, I'm exhorted at the end of the service to: "Go forth to love and serve the Lord!" There's even a sign as I exit the parking lot that echoes this reminder...that I'm entering the world, my mission field.

Go forth to love and serve the Lord. How do you take Christ into the world? How has God blessed and empowered your action?

No comments:

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin